Monday, January 09, 2023

Photos I have enjoyed taking

The Netherlands isn't known as much for its scenery as it is for its beautiful towns, but there is much about this country to love in terms of its open vistas, numerous canals and reed-lined waterways. This week, I'm just posting a few of my favourite scenes of the last year. I'm a bit busy, so I hope you'll forgive the lack of news this week.

A frosty walk along the creek


The great sea canal near our harbour


Horses in a nearby nature reserve

Stunning light before a storm

Nature reserve horses again

Smallholdings abound in this area

Springtime baby

I love poppies and we have them in profusion


Till soon allemaal and have a good week!


 

14 comments:

  1. These are delightful, Val. I always like looking at your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cath! I’m glad you enjoyed them.

      Delete
  2. Some lovely pictures there, Val. 'Frosty walk' and the horses being favourites. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Aidan. I’m away at the moment, so normal service will be resumed as soon as I’m back 😄

      Delete
  3. Wow, the profusion of poppies looks like a Monet! I have never seen red poppies like that - ours are always shades of yellow/orange. Lovely photos of the outdoors, especially the beautiful horses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Patricia. My apologies for the late reply. I've been enjoying some much needed sunshine in Spain, so more on that very soon!

      Delete
  4. I’m always happy to look at your lovely photos. These are beautiful. X

    ReplyDelete
  5. A very enjoyable picture tour around your year in the Netherlands Val. I enjoyed the h

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, David. I'm guessing you liked the horses :) Sorry for the late reply here. I'm currently enjoying the guilty pleasure of some sunshine in Spain, so you'll see more horses soon!

      Delete
    2. Yes, it was horses. Can't think where the rest went.

      Delete
    3. Not to worry, David. These things happen, I know. :)

      Delete
  6. Interesting set of photos - liked the horses especially - where would mankind be without them. Good wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mike. Yes, I feel a deep attachment to horses as well. It must be quite instinctive by now.

      Delete

Apologies for switching on comment moderation, but this is to make sure everyone can comment without jumping through captcha hoops!

If you aren’t a Google member, you can comment anonymously, but please would you give your name. I like to reply to a person personally :)