Wednesday, April 07, 2021

My podcast: for the record :)

 If anyone's interested, I did a podcast a little while back with Alan Parks on his show A Cup of Tea with Alan. The host, Alan Parks, lives in Andalucia, Spain and he does all these interviews from his home, which is completely off-grid. All the podcasts are with authors and he's done several other interviews with some great and very interesting writers, some of whom readers here might find interesting too. 

The connection on mine wasn't the best: an off-grid farm to a barge in Rotterdam doesn't always make for the clearest reception, but it adds a bit of interest! 

The link to the podcast is here: buzzsprout.com/1588849/8024785



4 comments:

  1. Listening to this in instalments, Val. My first ever podcast! My daughter's partner is from South Africa, so the first part is very interesting to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cath! For some reason, your comment didn't show up on my list before, but thank you so much for commenting and also for listening. I found it quite a challenge I must say :)

      Delete
  2. Now I have a nice voice to your name, Val :-) Think of starting a podcast series alongside your blog. :-)
    It was so enjoyable listening your experiences in South Africa and later on in the Netherlands. From a world where apartheid was getting dismantled and all the fallouts thereafter, to a world on a barge. That must be a lot experience to cherish.
    Even I wondered how you got on to living on a barge. You seem to have adapted to it pretty well, even though you didn't have any prior exposure to it.
    And your love for teaching and writing.
    Looking forward to reading your books.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, Pradeep, what a lovely comment!I'm so pleased you enjoyed listening to it. Yes, I've had some wonderful experiences and I do indeed cherish them. Thank you so much!

      Delete

Apologies for switching on comment moderation, but this is to make sure everyone can comment without jumping through captcha hoops!

If you aren’t a Google member, you can comment anonymously, but please would you give your name. I like to reply to a person personally :)