Wednesday, February 06, 2019

A short delay

How does life get in the way of blogging? Discuss...

Well, there’s not much to discuss really except that this is a busy time of year when everyone wants a piece of me. Admin is my biggest nightmare. The taxman’s axe threatens and I was up until 2a.m. compiling my defence which had to be delivered to the lawyers accountants today...okay, it’s just my paperwork for the year, but needs must, or I shall find the results more than taxing...sorry. It’s also a time when lots of other people come knocking at my virtual door for renewals, repairals and reprisals...no, scrub that last one. I seem to be in morbid mode this morning.

Anyway, suffice to say I’ve been a tad occupied but normal service will be resumed very shortly.

On a final note, I do wonder why it is that every time I go to Amsterdam, it’s colder, wetter and generally lousier than it is anywhere else in the country. Monday was a case in point...maybe it’s the price they pay for being more of everything else, e.g. prettier, livelier, hipper etc. Perhaps we should discuss that instead!

Have a good week, allemaal. I’ll be back with a bang and some more pics soon.

12 comments:

  1. So true, life gets in the way of blogging. Same for me too. At the moment it is the heat and lethargy, in the hottest Summer on record in Australia. North Queensland is now beset by massive floods - climate change indeed. Would love to see some pictures of Amsterdam :))
    Meantime, I am off to Sydney for a few days so there might be a blog post in that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patricia, I've been hearing about these record temperatures from others. It sounds hard to bear! And now floods too! Poor Australia and poor you. You'll be looking forward to winter at this rate. I'll try and take some photos of Amsterdam next time I go, but the weather will definitely have to be better :) It was really horrible!

      Delete
  2. Val, it is a very busy time of the year. But, breathe. It will all come together. Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lynn. I'll try. Maybe I need to read Phoenix and Tyre again :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, Val, poor you. God bless and strengthen you. Get rested up so you have free time when the sun, warmth, and flowers get back. (Steph)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how life can get in the way Val! You have my sympathies over this one. I must say the last time I went to Amsterdam the weather was really unspeakable ... though to be fair it was the first time ....mind you i have rarely known it to be actually *good* ! lol !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenny! Amsterdam is lovely, but I have never been there in good weather. I’m beginning to wonder if it’s ever nice there.

      Delete
  5. Well, I guess life gets in the way of everything, but that’s life! We’re in the midst of a deep, deep freeze here (let’s say -27 yesterday morning and -21 this morning...), so outdoor activities have been curbed for the while. Except for work; I still have to work. But, if I plan and dress for it, I’m able to enjoy the beauty of the paradise surrounding me! It’s a simple matter of adjusting my daily activities and keeping busy. Our tax season looms, as well, and I have a stack of clients’, as well as my own paperwork waiting on my desk. But today I am smiling; I don’t have to work and I’m looking forward to doing some reading, crocheting, maybe a bit of cooking, planning our little overnight getaway at our favourite little motel in Kimberley. It has an outdoor hot tub with a beautiful view from beneath a viney trellis (we surely do miss our old tub...). Regardless of whether you have a tall or a short tale to tell, I always look forward to your weekly installations! Enjoy life as it comes, even the cold, wet streets of the city! Much love from Dale xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. I hope your freeze has thawed a bit by now and that your away days are looming every closer. The tax man has been sated on my side. I have paid my dues! :) I'm so grateful for your comments, Dale, and now I see you have posted too, so I'll be reading that tomorrow! xxxx

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for switching on comment moderation, but this is to make sure everyone can comment without jumping through captcha hoops!

If you aren’t a Google member, you can comment anonymously, but please would you give your name. I like to reply to a person personally :)