Saturday, November 28, 2009

The beginning of the new tale

Sooo, I've started it. My new story has its first few hundred odd words, and I think I'm going to have some fun with this one.

The first few lines are:

The half of my car that was left looked perfectly natural propped against the wall. As if I could peer round the gate post and see the rest of it sticking out the other side. The snag was I knew this was all there was. I’d met Simon, my boyfriend, pushing the back half into the barn as I cycled into the yard.

If any of you want to follow its progress, you can find it here

Let me know what you think. I really value opinion and feedback, and by the way, this opening incident was something that really happened, although of course, I am fictionalising the people and the story in general.I haven't quite finished working out the plot, but I didn't with Arie either. A lot of it just evolved, so I'm hoping this one will too. It's great to be starting a new project!

4 comments:

  1. I left comment on said blog...

    It's funny already!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dale! I'm really chuffed you have been the first one to read it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, joy, another Val story to enjoy. I have a few chores and errands to run here after breakfast, and then I will allow myself to savour the new tale. I've also got a new chapter of EG to post today, as this head cold has given me lots of creative time as I lay in bed waiting for my head to explode.

    xx
    AM

    ReplyDelete
  4. and the next few lines are...

    Sorry, Val, I couldn't resist!
    Just me looking forward to your next installment.

    Hope you have a good weekend - mine is just starting, but you are well into yours by now!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Apologies for switching on comment moderation, but this is to make sure everyone can comment without jumping through captcha hoops!

If you aren’t a Google member, you can comment anonymously, but please would you give your name. I like to reply to a person personally :)